JOB DESCRIPTION | Maternity Leave Replacement
|EMPLOYER:||International Catholic Center of Geneva (CCIG)|
|JOB TITLE:||Secretary General ad interim|
|RESPONSIBLE TO:||CCIG Board|
|STARTING DATE:||June 2015|
|ENDING DATE:||November 2015|
|ACTIVITY RATE:||From 25% to 50% depending on the month concerned|
|PLACE:||CCIG Office, rue de Varembé 1, 1202 Geneva (Switzerland)|
JOB SUMMARY: Implementation of projects and management of the CCIG secretariat.
ESENTIAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing logistical support for the organization of coordination meetings and training sessions for NGO representatives;
- Research and Prepare package of information for training sessions in the field (including UN documents and other materials);
- Perform miscellaneous office tasks and organizational duties, such as organization of Board meetings and Reception hours for members at the secretariat.
- Communication (update of CCIG website, targeted information mailing lists).
- Administrative tasks: coordination and supervision of Accountant’s work.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fundraising: Maintain timely and consistent contact with current donors and potential donors.
- Master’s degree in international relations or similar field.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in international NGOs’ environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Catholic-inspired NGOs is highly valued.
- Experience in fundraising for international NGOs desirable.
- Proven ability to relate to international NGOs working in the Development and Human Rights.
- Deep understanding of Advocacy work and its technique.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the UN system for the promotion and protection of human rights, including full understanding of implications of NGO participation.
- In-depth knowledge of the functioning of the Universal Periodic Review, including direct experience in reporting process.
- Knowledge of fund raising/development practices, standards, and reporting.
- Understanding of Budgeting processes.
- Personal computers, hardware, and software programs including; Word, Outlook, Excel.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Advanced oral and written communication in English and French.
- Knowledge of Spanish as an asset.
- Work effectively without direct supervision.
- Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org