DESCRIPTION OF THE MANDATE | Project Manager and Fundraiser
Please note that this position will be opened upon approval of project proposal by donors.
|EMPLOYER:||International Catholic Center of Geneva (CCIG)|
|TITLE OF THE MANDATE:||Project Manager and Fundraiser|
|TYPE OF CONTRACT:||Consultancy|
|RESPONSIBLE TO:||CCIG Secretary General and Board|
|STARTING DATE:||January 2019|
|ENDING DATE:||March 2020|
|ACTIVITY RATE:||20% corresponding to 56 workdays
(flexibility required depending on the phase of the project)
|PLACE:||CCIG Office, rue de Varembé 1, 1202 Geneva (Switzerland)|
SUMMARY OF THE MANDATE
The primary focus of the Consultant’s work will be: Management of Projects and Fundraising.
Specific services shall include:
- Management and Reporting of the project titled “Strengthening Bolivia’s civil society in the context of the 2019 Universal Periodic Review (UPR)”.
- Fundraising, including preparation of funding applications.
- Implementation of project activities (based in Geneva and possible travel in Bolivia):
- Responsible for providing logistical support for project activities (e.g. the organization of meetings, travels and training sessions for NGO representatives).
- Ensuring compliance to project control processes and maintains/improves long term planning based on internal & external benchmarks (follow the project expenses and cash flow, monitor project deliverables, provide reliable data and analyses).
- Preparation and supervision of invoices, receipts and other evidences of expenditure.
- Coordination with CCIG Accountant to ensure that project incomes and expenditures are correctly reflected in CCIG annual financial report, in accordance with donors’ requirements.
- Coordination with CCIG Secretary General and Board Members to continuously update on financial situation of project and upcoming risks & opportunities.
- Intermediate and final reporting to donors (narrative and financial reports).
- Research and Prepare package of information for training sessions in the field (including UN documents and other materials);
- Miscellaneous office tasks and organizational duties.
- Preparation of at least one new funding proposal.
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Fundraising:Maintain timely and consistent contact with current donors and potential donors.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. international relations, international law, human rights, development and cooperation, multicultural communication.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in international NGOs’ environment, in particular in the field of project management.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Catholic-inspired NGOs is highly valued.
- Experience in fundraising for international NGOs desirable.
- Proven ability to relate to international NGOsand its local members working in the Development and Human Rights.
- Ability to interface easily and be able to deliver clear and actionable analysis to both CCIG Secretary general and CCIG Accountant.
- Understanding of Budgeting processes.
- Knowledge of fund raising/development practices, standards, and reporting.
- Understanding of Advocacy work within the UN system for the promotion and protection of human rights, including understanding of implications of NGO participation.
- Knowledge of the functioning of the Universal Periodic Review is highly valued.
- Personal computers, hardware, and software programs including; Word, Outlook, Excel.
COMMUNICATION AND LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Advanced oral and written communication in English, French and Spanish.
- Work effectively without direct supervision.
- Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 7.